10 Things You Didn’t Know About Miamijuillet 21, 2016
Surprise, surprise, Miami has more hidden history than you knew! Check out these secret places to see your home through a new lens, as if you were a tourist in Miami.
1. There’s a tomb in Miami’s oldest cemetery that’s home to the sleeping form of Julia Tuttle, aka the Mother of Miami.
2. There are cocktails that were invented at The Biltmore Hotel that not even the bartenders know how to make.
3. There’s [supposedly] an underground passageway at The Villa by Barton G in Miami Beach.
4. The world’s largest collection of Art Deco is in Miami Beach.
5. Biscayne Bay has a Stiltsville house for rent. It’s $1,000 a day… great views though.
6. Miami has it’s own radio station, and it is loaded with secretly, upcoming bands and tunes.
7. Hialeah has a park named after KC from KC and The Sunshine Bank. Ah ye.
8. Miami’s oldest houses are actually downtown.
9. Biscayne Bay has a man-made reef.
10. There’s a memorial for those who died in the 1996 ValuJet Flight 592 near Shark Valley.
Whether you’re looking to purchase primary or secondary property in Miami, VIAC is your go-to team of brokers for luxury real estate, things to do in Miami and apparently, things you didn’t know about Miami!